Eat Go Grow! Summer Camp Details
We offer a one week summer day camp for youth aged 7 to 12 from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm Monday to Friday during the month of August at Kinsmen Lodge, which is a seniors’ care home across from Surrey Memorial Hospital.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about camp dates this summer or call 604-580-8023 or 604-580-8016
Activities During The Day
- Physical activity led by certified Fitness Instructor and accompanied by Elders from Kinsmen Lodge.
- Nutrition lessons provided by a Kinsmen Dietitian and nutrition students. Focus will be on Canada’s Food Guide + food safety + fibre + hydration + more. Material will be enhanced for the children by incorporating a children’s storybook “Stargold the Food Fairy”.
- Hands-on cooking lessons pairing the Elders and youth, led by Kinsmen Lodge Dietitian and nutrition students.
- Eating + talking + learning and laughing altogether.
- Camp games and activities.
- Grocery store tour of Save-On-Foods and shopping for snacks